13 September 2005

Because I Love, I Share

As you've probably guessed is the case with every site you visit on this here interweb, I can see where visitors to the glorious Shimmy Shimmy come from, where their computer lives, what they do while here, et cetera, et cetera... This includes seeing what web searches lead people here. Over the past couple of months, there have surfaced some obvious trends in this last category. And because knowledge is, you know, neato and shit (and yes, also because I'm unemployed and have recently discovered that I can poach a wireless service off of some unsuspecting neighbor), I shall share them with you:

1) People don't seem to know where their local Bo-Rics and Chuck E. Cheese franchises are located and for various reasons, they are led here in search of that information. Often. Very often.

2) People outside of the US seem to prefer MSN searches over any other.

3) The phrase "come runs like pee" gives this page as its first hit when searched in MSN. The number of people searching this phrase is astounding. Hell, one person hitting this up would astound me, but it happens a couple times a week. And I'm the first hit. Why? I have no fucking clue. But I take comfort in the disappointment of the would-be jackers when they find themselves face-to-face with my ramblings instead of bukkake art. Oh, maybe sentences like that are the reason why I'm the first hit in icky searches. Right. Anyway...

4) The absolute most searched phrase that lands unsuspecting people to this page seems to be some variation of a phrase involving the words mother-in-law and sex. This is both disturbing and just downright weird. How pervasive is this fetish anyway? It confounds me. But I at least take some solace that it's a comment left on the Chuck E. Cheese post from some months ago and not something I actually wrote that leads these pants-around-the-ankles, mother-in-law-fantasizing surfers me-ward.

Let's hear it for the hyphen.

Honesty session over.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~*~Sarah~*~ said...

I found you by hitting the "next blog button" But it woulda been a lot cooler if I was searching for cum that flows like pee.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger shim-shim said...

I think everything would probably be a lot cooler when searching for cum that flows like pee.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Body Mascot said...

I am laughing so much after reading this. You don't even know.

Will you still blog from central Asia?

Friday, September 16, 2005 5:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home