19 September 2005

Face/Off

Sci-fi meets post-trauma surgical therapy: complete face transplants.

I'm a little freaked out. Not about the procedure, but about the psychological (and physical) damage that would lead one to agree to this procedure after hearing the bevy of potential problems and knowing that they'd be the first. I mean, besides the corpse flesh, 50% chance of failure! I wouldn't get a tattoo on my ass with a 50% chance it would get fucked up, much less have a recently-dead, newly-donated face grafted to my head.

On the up side, by the time my children have become international criminal masterminds in need of a new identity, the face-swap will be a mundane out-patient procedure and I won't have to worry about visiting them in prison or feeling bad about not forgetting their name and can therefore spend my waning years in a more fitting manner: shitting myself and planning my funeral.

4 Comments:

Blogger radnauseum said...

I thought this was gonna be a hockey post. Oh well.

Did you see that Bogart movie where he get's a face lift?

good movie.

You should write about hockey. You used to play.

Monday, September 19, 2005 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Body Mascot said...

Not even if my face were totally deformed would I want to do this. I'm going to have nightmares just from reading the article.

Monday, September 19, 2005 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger nominis umbra said...

"OH MY GOD"

that's me, parroting the only appropriate, deeprooted response I can dredge from the depths of my tiny soul-brain-heart thingumagig.

Monday, September 19, 2005 1:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Roulette Games said...

Listen, let's not spend more time for it.

Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home